Precision Boilers’ buffer & storage tanks can be used in combination with any heating or cooling system to provide the right storage capacity for the time interval needed. They are available in a variety of configurations and features to meet a variety of storage needs, taking total volume, flow rate, duration and timing of peak load period and temperature needed into account. Our horizontal or vertical configurations in a variety of sizes utilize available space as efficiently as possible. Larger sizes, higher design pressures, and other custom features are available upon request.
Buffer & Storage Tanks
Capacities: 125 gallons to 5,500 gallons of actual capacity; contact us for larger options available
Standard Model: ASME Section IV, “HLW” Stamp
A storage or buffer tank for every need. With a wide variety of available options, Precision provides flexible solutions to your specific storage tank needs. In addition to easily meeting a variety of requirements, Precision Boilers’ tanks offer the unique ability to be used as a buffer or chilled water tank, when configured with a baffle mounted in the center of the tank. All Precision Boilers’ storage tanks can be furnished with insulation and jacketing for heat loss prevention and maximum thermal efficiency. A properly insulated tank may reduce the size of the storage capacity required to meet the recovery and volume demands, lowering overall cost.
- Storage tanks are available in both 125 psi (400 gal. and larger) and 150 psi design pressures, and both can be ordered in either horizontal or vertical configurations
- All models are available unlined or lined with either Precision Seal (PS) or Aluminum Silicate Cement (C), both NSF-61 compliant
- PS: our two-part epoxy alternative to glass lining, suitable for storing water up to 180oF and unlike glass, can be repaired in the field; PS lined vessels include a five-year warranty, with the last two years pro-rated
- C: cement, suitable for higher temperature service, up to 250oF and/or for tanks larger than 36” diam.; cement lined vessels include a ten-year warranty, with the last five years prorated
- Storage tanks are available with or without insulation and jacketing
- Storage tanks can be configured with a baffle mounted in the center of the tank to create a buffer tank or a chilled water tank